Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On Compassion

This I know: I am only a beginner in learning compassion. I have much to learn.

I can learn compassion from many people, in all sorts of ways. I can feel compassion for those who suffer more than I do. I can feel compassion for those that have not yet learned as much as I have. I can feel compassion along with others who are much wiser and more sophisticated than I am, such that I learn from them. I can allow compassion to encroach my daily activities; I can grow.

Christ is perfect in His Compassion. I am a weak, wicked sinner, not worthy of God's Grace and Mercy. And, yet, I know that He extends His Compassion to one as lowly as I. When I worship, I can allow myself a glimmer of His Compassion. I can submit myself to His Will in my life, and learn the lessons He chooses for me.

I am often wrong. I am often weak. Through His Compassion, I know that I don't have to remain in my sorry state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers