Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Potty Training

This week, we've begun potty training. It's unbelievably challenging. My older son is going every ten to twenty minutes, with all the obstinance of a two year old. My younger son is quite easy, and will be ready for training pants by the end of the week. I don't know when my older son will be able to manage his bladder and bowels well.

We are still practicing elimination communication. We use the term potty-training to mean potty independence. At this time, we are working on more than just communicating, but moving out of diapers. We are not using some of the more common methods of training, because my boys are disabled (the elder) and too young (the younger.) I thank heaven that I know about EC, and don't have to try to fit a mold that woundn't fit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers