Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On Charity

Today's reflection is on charity. I've added the link to the side for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. While I knew that this blog would benefit the hospital from before I monetized it, I realized that I did not ever make this clear before now. On another site, I saw some hostility towards ads. I considered that someone might have the same hostility towards mine, not understanding who the true beneficiary was. While I understand not everyone agrees with every charity, and someone may specifically disagree with mine, I hope that this openness will lessen the negativity some might feel when seeing an ad on this blog.

Charity is a further reflection that it's important to talk-the-talk, and not just walk-the-walk of virtue. While it's more important to behave well rather than talk about good behavior, it's not unimportant to convey the message of goodness to others. It's not enough to simply do the right thing. One must allow others the opportunity to know what the right thing is as well (even if they chose a different mechanism, or in this case - a different recipient of charity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers