Friday, March 8, 2013

An Unwelcome Break From Therapy

Yesterday, I was disheartened to discover that the boys have to wait even longer to resume therapy.  We were supposed to attend to administrative details - outpatient evaluations - prior to discharge, or immediately at discharge.  Instead, we waited for two weeks.  When we finally walked in the door of the outpatient facility, I discovered that we'll be waiting much longer, because we didn't set these evaluations up weeks ago.  This isn't anything I've done wrong; the hospital was to have secured this before we left.  Then, we were to not miss but a week between therapy sessions.  As it stands, the boys will have evaluations over the course of the next week, then resume therapy sometime after that.  I'm not happy; they don't need to miss any time.  Certainly, from the intense level they required at the inpatient level of care to then wait for outpatient care is not in their best interest. Melchior's other therapist happens to be on vacation now as well. I've been happy to have a break initially to get settled into the new routine, but enough is enough.  Now, I'm frustrated with them not getting their needs met and it's out of my hands.  I can't do anything about this.  Yet another set back that we face due to institutional procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers