Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"God Only Gives Special Children To Special People"

"God only gives special children to special people."

So much of the time I feel judged in public.  I feel glared at with hostility or pity or contempt.  I'm used to condescension.  I 'm used to trying to get out a public place quickly when my son with a neurogenic bowel has experienced incontinence.  People in general rarely say nice things to me, when they don't know me.  At best, I receive, "You sure have your hands full," which many mothers of more than one hear.

I'm so happy that another family got to read that note.  If it were me, it would mean more than paying the bill.  Not that I'd mind the bill being paid.  The words - ah, that was the real bonus.  If only more special needs moms heard positive comments, it would make all those public moments so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers